Alex Boye Suicide Prevention Concert
November 5 • 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Behavioral Health services leader, Copa Health and the Mesa Chamber of Commerce proudly present Alex Boyé’s Bend Not Break suicide prevention concert, Saturday, November 5th from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 pm at Bell Bank Park in Mesa. Alex Boyé, a multicultural vocalist, global performing artist, and speaker, has over one billion views on his YouTube channel and is well-known for his passion and heart for young people and suicide prevention.
His performance will feature mental health professionals and access for attendees to speak to behavioral health experts at the event. Boyé is known for being open about his own mental health struggles, talking with young people in the crowd, and showing them that everyone struggles at one time or another.
This event will also feature Chris Powell and his Move One Million initiative and will highlight mental health professionals and resources to aid in the suicide prevention effort.
All donations will go toward an on-going campaign supporting suicide prevention and better mental health efforts targeting youth in Arizona. Copa Health, a Mesa nonprofit organization, and the Mesa Chamber of Commerce, along with certain sponsors, will be using donated funds to support the concert and other events and campaigns supporting suicide prevention.
– Each attendee over the age of five (5) years old must have a ticket for entry into the concert.
– Each attendee may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12” by x 6” x 12” or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, attendees may also carry in a small clutch purse or wallet no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap, subject to search.
– Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones are permitted if carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
– Blankets and lawn chairs are permitted but will be restricted to designate areas of the Festival Field.
– Outside food & beverage is not allowed inside the Festival Field. However, one (1) factory-sealed, non-frozen 500mL (16.9 fl. Oz.) bottle of water is allowed. Food trucks and water stations will be available during the concert.